Choose Chicago Scratch to Win Rules
Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be U.S., Illinois or Wisconsin residents who are 18 years of age or older, reside in the WMSN viewing area.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Sinclair Communications, LLC, and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast station WMSN (the “Station”), Choose Chicago (the “Sponsor”), Imobile, and their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate families” includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren.
How to Play/Enter
(a) No purchase is necessary to enter. Entrants may play the game once per day during the Contest Period. Authorized account holder of the mobile telephone number associated with the entry is considered the entrant.
(b) To play/enter, text “CHICAGO” to 58447 from your mobile phone. Standard text messaging rates apply to all text message entries sent. Entrants will then receive an automated text message with a link to the game on the screen of his/her mobile device. Entrants will be required to enter his/her email address and verify age before starting the game. The game will indicate the number of matches required to win a prize, and the prize for such game. Text STOP to 58447 to cancel. Text HELP to 58447 for help. Entrants will receive up to (2) messages relating to this contest from an automated system. Consent is not required to buy goods and services.
(c) At the conclusion of each game, all valid entrants will be automatically entered for a chance to win the grand prize.
(d) The contest starts at 9:00 a.m. CST on January 27, 2014 and ends at 11:59p.m. CST on February 9, 2014 (the “Contest Period”). Entries for the grand prize prize must be received by Station by 11:59 p.m. CST on February 9, 2014. Station is not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected entries, or for printing errors, server unavailability, mobile device failure, any other electronic malfunction, or if any text message is not received.
(e) The maximum number of instant winners for this contestis one (1). The instant winner will be determined at the time each game is played. On February 10, 2014, one (1) grand prize winner will be randomly selected from among valid entries received.
(f) By playing/entering each contestant gives permission to Station to broadcast contestant’s information. All entries received from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., and the Station.
1. One (1) grand prize winner will receive two (2) gift certificates for one (1) night hotel accommodations, one room double occupancy, at the Four Seasons Hotel downtown Chicago, a gift Certificate to Rosebud Restaurants valued at $100, four (4) gift certificates to Scoozi valued at $25, four (4) City Pass Booklets VIP Entry to Shedd Aquarium, Skydeck Chicago Fast Pass, Museum of Science and Industry OR John Hancock Observatory deck (choose one), and Alder Planetarium OR Art Institute of Chicago (choose one). The total grand prize package is valued at $1,000. The hotel portion of the prize is subject to reservation four weeks in advance (mention gift certificate when making reservations), availability, blackout dates apply, and expires September 30, 2014. The prize does not include transportation, other meals, gratuities, travel insurance or any other expenses. One (1) instant winner will receive a Big Bang Theory blu ray DVD valued at $40.
2. Instant winner will be notified by phone/mobile device. Instant winner will receive an email or mobile notification with a prize code/voucher to redeem at the Station. In the event a winner enters an incorrect or invalid email address, then such winner’s prize will be void. Grand prize winner will be notified by email. All winners will claim his/her prize in person at the Station location within 10 days of notification/winning and will be required to present his/her mobile device or email with the winning prize code/voucher. All persons traveling on the trip must be 18 years of age or over, unless travelers under 18 are accompanied by at least one adult who is the parent or legal guardian of all of the minors. All persons traveling on the trip must also sign and return a release which must be returned with the winner’s release and affidavit of eligibility within the time frame specified above.
3. If the instant winner does not claim his/her prize within 10 days of winning, or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, an alternate winner will not be selected, and the prize will remain the property of the Station. If the grand prize winner cannot be notified within 5 days, does not claim his/her prize within 10 days of winning, or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and another winner will be randomly selected from among remaining valid entries.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of Station or Sponsor(s). The Station or Sponsor(s) have the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. Each winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules.
6. Only one grand prize will be awarded per household.
7. Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize. The Station, Sponsor, and prize provider shall not be responsible for winner’s failure to use the hotel accommodations within the time frame described above, or cancellation of the hotel accommodations by the winner.
8. Sinclair Communications, LLC Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. and Sponsor(s) are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that Sinclair Communications, LLC, Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
Odds of Winning/Miscellaneous
1. Odds of winning the grand prize depend on the number of valid entries received.
2. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at WMSN 78478 Big Sky Drive Madison WI 53719, and www.fox47.com
3. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to WMSN 78478 Big Sky Drive Madison WI 53719 by March 17, 2014.
4. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information. Station is not responsible for any computer or electronic malfunction, server unavailability, technological glitch, or human error relating to this contest and/or the use of short-code.
6. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.
Tonight on FOX 47
5:00pm Two and a Half Men
5:30pm Big Bang Theory
6:00pm Modern Family
6:30pm Big Bang Theory
8:00pm Sleepy Hollow
9:00pm FOX 47 News at 9
9:35pm Modern Family
10:05pm Mike & Molly
10:35pm Mike & Molly
11:05pm Two and a Half Men
11:35pm The Simpsons